Budget 2018

NOTE: This calculator is designed for illustrative purposes only. The results should in no way be viewed as definitive for personal tax purposes for your individual tax payment.

The calculator has the following changes from 2017:

  • 2.5% USC rate cut to 2%
  • 5% USC rate down to 4.75%
  • €600 increase in the threshold before hitting the 4.75% USC rate from €18,772 to €19,372
  • Cutoff up €750 from €33,800 to €34,550
  • Cutoff from married couples up €750 to €43,550
  • Earned Income Credit up €200 to €1,150
  • Home carers relief up €100 to €1,200
  • No BIK on company cars that are electric

Your Details

This is the total you will be paid for the year.
Please enter a yearly salary.
Please select a valid marital status.
This is the total your spouse will be paid for the year.
Please enter a Euro amount for your spouse's pay.
This is the number of children under 18 that live with you.
Your age determines the maximium tax relief available for pension contributions.
Please enter a Euro amount for the value of your house.
Each local authority has the power to vary the rate of Local Property Tax (LPT) charged slightly.
This is not a GP visit card.

Pension Details

Please enter the amount you contribute to your pension.
Please enter the amount you pay into your AVC.

Benefit in Kind

Please enter a valid Euro amount for the cost to your employer for your health insurance.
This is the cost of the car, in Ireland, prior to its first registration, including all Irish taxes and duties.
Please enter the Euro cost of the car if it had been bought new.
Please select an mileage range.
Please enter a Euro amount.

Tax Relief

You can claim tax relief on fees (including the student contribution) that you have paid for third level education courses.

Tax Credits

A relative, including a relative of your spouse, is dependant if they are unable to maintain themselves as a result of old age or ill-health.
If the income of your dependent relative exceeds €0 in 2018, no tax credit is due.
Please enter a Euro amount for the dependant's income.
If you are blind or visually impaired, you can claim a tax credit if you own a trained guide dog.